My company is a Non MSC Malaysia status company. How do I know if I should apply directly to Immigration Department or MDEC?

If your Nature of Business as per the Companies Commission of Malaysia printout relates to any activities in Information, Communication and Technology (ICT), your application should be submitted directly to MDEC.

What can I do if my company registration is unsuccessful?

If your company registration is unsuccessful due to nature of business is Non ICT, you may proceed to Expatriate Services Division (ESD) of Immigration Department.

If your company nature of business is in ICT, you can appeal by submitting an official letter to eXpats Service Centre.

My previous application was approved and endorsed at Immigration Department. What do I do for the renewal?

Once your company has successfully registered with MDEC, all renewal applications must be submitted through eXpats Service Centre.

How do I check my application?

For the Authorized Person, application status is available in the eXpats system.

Kindly login

For others, you may check the status of your application with your company Authorized Person.

What is the validity of the approval letter?

The validity is three (3) months.

Are there any countries whose citizens are not allowed to apply for the Employment Pass (EP)?

As of now, all citizens are allowed to apply for the Employment Pass (EP). However, approval from Ministry Of Home Affairs Malaysia is required for Israel citizen to enter Malaysia.

Is there any minimum age requirement for the Employment Pass?

There is no minimum age requirement.

What are the charges to be paid to Immigration for Employment Pass and Dependent Pass?

Kindly refer to the Immigration Payment.

What can I do if my employment pass application is unsuccessful?

You can appeal by submitting an official letter to eXpats Service Centre.

The Foreign Knowledge Worker (FKW) is going back? What I need do?

Company is responsible to cancel the Employment Pass of the FKW as follows:

i. Initiate cancellation process via the eXpats system

ii. Submit the original passport and other documents to eXpats service

Centre kindly refer to the cancellation checklist, Checklist for Cancellation of Passes.