PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
The following statements explain the terms of Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (“MDEC”) regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by MDEC. MDEC is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
- Your Consent
By providing your personal data to MDEC, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by MDEC in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to MDEC, you warrant and represent to MDEC that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by MDEC in the manner set out herein. If you are under the age of 18 years, please obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before you provide your personal data to MDEC.
- Notice and Choice Principle Statement
- MDEC may be required to collect personal data from you in the course of your dealings with MDEC or for the purpose of MDEC’s business activities. Such personal data may include (but not limited to) name as per identity card, preferred name, identity card/passport number, age, photograph, image, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, credit card details, information of spouse/children/close family members such as name and birth date, information of your company or business such as name, registration number and address, directorship in companies, shareholding in companies, ownership in businesses, personal interest, solvency and financial status, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
- The personal data provided by you to MDEC may be processed by MDEC for the following purposes:-
- to enter into, administer and/or carry out the business or contractual transactions or activities between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- to provide or deliver services to you and/or your company;
- to communicate with you and/or your company;
- to administer customer relationship management procedures;
- to provide you with information about the activities, initiatives, programmes, projects, events, incentives, facilities, products and services that may be organized, managed, administered, undertaken, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by MDEC, government ministries, government agencies, statutory bodies and/or MDEC’s partners or collaborators;
- to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties that may interest you;
- to process and administer your registration for an event, conference or workshop, including to feature your attendance or participation in any of our publicity materials or publication;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research, study, assessment, survey, profiling, modelling, analysis, planning and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of MDEC’s business activities;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints;
- for security reasons in particular personal data collected from close circuit security surveillance cameras;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to MDEC, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to MDEC;
- for recruitment of employee;
- for MDEC’s internal record keeping; and/or
- other lawful business activities of MDEC.
- The personal data provided by you to MDEC may, if required, be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- MDEC’s subsidiaries within or outside Malaysia;
- MDEC’s suppliers, vendors, contractors, sub-contractors, service or product providers, any credit reference agencies or any third parties, within or outside Malaysia, as may be determined by MDEC to be necessary or appropriate to carry out or support MDEC’s business activities and operations;
- financial institutions, credit card, debit card and charge card issuers, payment system providers or operators or merchant acquirers, for purposes of facilitating payments and/or maintaining financial records in connection with the business or contractual relationship between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- government ministries, government agencies, statutory bodies, authorities and selected third parties within or outside Malaysia including strategic partners that work with MDEC in connection with MDEC’s business activities or any event or programme;
- agents, auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, proposed insurers, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers of MDEC;
- enforcement, regulatory and governmental agencies, bodies or authorities, as permitted or required by law, authorised by any order or judgment of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities;
- any person to whom MDEC is compelled or required to do so under the law; and/or
- our directors or shareholders.
- Generally, the personal data processed by MDEC is collected from you or provided by a third party to MDEC for the aforesaid purposes or by a third party which has a business or contractual transaction or relationship with MDEC.
- Please note that your personal data is necessary for MDEC to carry out the aforesaid purposes. The failure to supply such personal data will or may:
- result in MDEC being unable to administer the business or contractual transaction between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- result in MDEC being unable to provide you with information about the activities, initiatives, programmes, projects, events, incentives, facilities, products and services organized, managed, administered, undertaken, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by MDEC; and/or
- result in MDEC being unable to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
- You have a right to request for access to and for correction of your personal data. You may also choose to limit the processing of your personal data. If you would like to make any of such requests, kindly submit your request in writing to MDEC to the postal/email address specified in paragraph 7 below. We may charge you an administration fee for such request.
- If you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of the personal data, kindly communicate to MDEC in writing at the postal/email address specified in paragraph 7 below.
- Security of Your Personal Data
MDEC has implemented security policies, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data in accordance with such requirements of the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer the personal data to a third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures.
- Changes To This Statement
This statement may be revised and updated from time to time. MDEC recommends that you visit this webpage to review the most updated version of this statement each time you provide your personal data to MDEC.
In case of discrepancies between English and Malay version of this statement, the English version shall prevail.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about this statement, you may contact MDEC at:-
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
2360 Persiaran APEC,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
U/P: Ketua, Pusat Hubungan Pelanggan (CliC)
Emel: [email protected]
No. Telefon: 1-800-88-8338 (dalam Malaysia) ATAU
+6 03 8315 3000 (luar Malaysia)
No. Faksimili: +6 03 8315 3115