MDEC is committed to a high degree of integrity, transparency and good governance in the conduct of its operations. In view of this, the Whistleblower Policy has been established to encourage and provide an avenue for a whistleblower to raise concerns of any wrongdoings without fear of reprisals.
The following statements explain the general terms of Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation Sdn Bhd (“MDEC”) regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by MDEC. MDEC is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
By providing your personal data to MDEC, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by MDEC in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to MDEC, you warrant and represent to MDEC that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by MDEC in the manner set out herein.
Notice and Choice Principle Statement
- MDEC may be required to collect personal data from you during the course of your dealings with MDEC or for the purpose of MDEC’s business activities. Such personal data may include (but not limited to) name as per identity card, preferred name, identity/passport number, age, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information of your company such as name, registration number and address, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
The personal data provided by you to MDEC may be processed by MDEC for the following
- to administer the business or contractual relationship between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- to communicate with you and/or your company;
- to administer customer relationship management procedures;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by MDEC;
- to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties that may interest you;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between MDEC and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research, study, assessment, survey and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of MDEC’s business activities;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to MDEC, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to MDEC;
- for recruitment of employees;
- for MDEC’s internal record keeping; and/or
- other lawful business activities of MDEC.