MDEC is committed to a high degree of integrity, transparency and good governance in the conduct of its operations. In view of this, MDEC employees and member of the public who has reasonable belief of any improper conduct, may report or make a disclosure of the same, in compliance with MDEC’s Whistleblowing Policy.
Improper conduct may include any wrongdoing, malpractice, activity deemed as dishonest, unethical or in violation of MDEC’s regulations, guidelines, internal policies and procedures but not limited to:
- Criminal offence under the law, such as corruption, fraud, forgery, criminal breach of trust, abetting or intending to commit criminal offence;
- Acceptance, involvement or solicitation of a bribe, corruption or fraud, or a favour in exchange for direct or indirect personal benefits;
- Misuse of MDEC’s funds or assets;
- Gross mismanagement within MDEC;
- Serious breach of the MDEC’s Code of Conduct, in particular failure to disclose a conflict of interest;
- Serious financial irregularity or impropriety within MDEC;
- Actions prescribed under the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009;
- An act or omission which creates a substantial or specific danger to the lives, health, or safety of MDEC’s employees, the public, or the environment;
- Failure to comply with the provision’s relevant laws and regulations where the person knowingly disregards, or does not comply with such provisions;
- Attempt to conceal information relating to improper conduct;
- Knowingly directing or advising a person to commit any of the above improper conduct.
In line with MACC, all disclosures will be managed by Integrity and Governance Department (IGD) MDEC through a whistleblowing process. All information disclosed including any information on the nature of the improper conduct and the identity of the individual disclosing such information will be kept confidential unless so required under the provisions of any law or order of a competent court.
MDEC employee or member of the public can submit their disclosure along with this completed form with supporting evidence and/or documents to substantiate your disclosure to any of the following reporting channels and your disclosure will be treated in strict confidential manner:
Sealed envelope with indicative labels “To be opened by Head, Integrity and Governance Department only”, addressed to:
Head, Integrity and Governance Department, MDEC HQ, 2360, Persiaran APEC, 63000, Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Send an email to a dedicated whistleblowing email at [email protected]
You may reach out to the integrity and Governance Department (IGD) via appointment, mail, call and email as per below details:
Integrity and Governance Department Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation Sdn Bhd (389346-D)
2360, Persiaran APEC 63000, Cyberjaya Selangor Darul Ehsan
Direct Line: +603 8315 3293