Dear Valued Clients,

Greetings from Expats Service Centre!

We are pleased to inform that Immigration Department of Malaysia in MDEC will issue i-KAD for new and renewal application of the Employment Pass holder with immediate effect. The i-KAD will be issued upon issuance of pass sticker and ePASS.However, kindly take note that i-KAD will not be issued for Employment Pass holders under MDEC approval and pass sticker issued by Immigration Department of Malaysia in Penang until
further notice. In addition, please observe the following:

1) Transfer of Endorsement (TOE)
i-KAD will only be issued for pass that valid MORE than six (6) months.

2) Cancellation of pass
i-KAD MUST be returned to Immigration Department during cancellation of passes process.

3) Replacement of i-KAD
i-KAD will be issued only ONCE by Immigration Department. As such, there is no replacement of i-KAD if the card is missing, stolen, amendment of information in the sticker, etc. Please take note that it is advisable for Foreign Knowledge Worker (FKW) to carry passport at all time even though they have obtained the i-KAD as a valid document.


Should you require more information and assistance, please contact us at 03-8315 3106/3157 or email us at [email protected].

Yours sincerely,
Expats Service Centre
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation