MSC MALAYSIA ?
Energising the Nation’s Digital Economy
Since its inception in 1996, the MSC Malaysia programme has managed to drive the nation’s Digital Economy to new heights.
Number of active MSC Malaysia status companies (as of May 2019)
Revenue generated as of 2018
Number of jobs created as of 2018
WHICH STAGE ARE YOU AT?
Now’s the time to accelerate your company’s growth!
Apply For MSC Status
Get a head start in the digital industry by applying for MSC Malaysia statusLearn More
Already an MSC Status Company?
Simplify your daily operational activities by visiting our one-stop self-service portal for all MSC Malaysia transactions.Learn More
Foreign Knowledge Workers
Looking to process your company’s Foreign Knowledge Worker’s (FKW) employment needs? Our eXpats Service Centre can help guide you through the process.Learn More
Our OTHER SERVICES
Facilities & Programmes
Discover our dedicated facilities and special programmes that aim to drive innovation to new heightsLEARN MORE
Learn more about our special programme that helps tech entrepreneurs achieve their dreamsLEARN MORE
Discover our co-working space that is specially tailored towards the FinTech industryLEARN MORE
Discover our strategic initiative that aims to intensify Malaysia’s presence in cross-border eCommerceLEARN MORE
MSC MALAYSIA DIRECTORY
Discover the companies that fall under the MSC Malaysia umbrellaVIEW DIRECTORY
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to email@example.com.
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.