SEA GAME AWARDS
Malaysia Digital Creativity Festival (MYDCF) is hosting the SEA Game Awards for the 7th year running since 2017. In partnership with gamescom asia, the SEA Game Awards aim to recognise and celebrate creativity, artistry and technical genius of the finest game developers from the Southeast Asian and International video game industry has to offer.
Award winners will be announced at MYDCF 2023 (Malaysia Digital Content Festival) on
29 SEPTEMBER 2023 in KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, and will receive further recognition at gamescom asia 2023 on 19-22 OCTOBER 2023 in SINGAPORE.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
PAST LEVEL UP KL
SEA GAME AWARDS CEREMONY & VIDEOS
- Rising Star AwardAward recognising most anticipated game to be released by a new game studio that have not won any awards before
- Best Technology AwardOverall excellence of technology in a game – that creatively uses advanced technologies, multiplayer including graphics programming, artificial intelligence and networking
- Best Visual Art AwardOverall excellence of visual art in a game – including art direction, animation, modelling, character design, texture creation, and so on
- Best Game Design AwardOverall excellence of design in a game including gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing and level design.
- Best Audio Design AwardOverall excellence of audio in a game inclusive of sound effects, musical composition & score, original song, licensed soundtrack, sound design, orchestration etc.
- Best Storytelling AwardMost outstanding storytelling and narrative development including plot construction, scenario, story and dialogue.
- Best Innovation AwardSingle game that demonstrates true innovation, advances the state of the art, and pushes the boundaries of games as an expressive medium.
- Best Student Game AwardBest game developed by student(s) from the Southeast Asia region.
- Best International Game AwardOpen category awards to recognise the overall best game in term of gameplay, design & audio submitted from any country around the world.