Leading Malaysia’s Digital Economy Forward
As the world navigates unprecedented times, facing multiple industry disruptions, Malaysia continues to set the narrative for the Southeast Asia region with a focused effort to drive its digital economy forward. Our mandate at MDEC is to ensure Malaysia makes the Digital Leap into the Fourth Industrial Revolution to drive shared prosperity, and firmly establish Malaysia as the Heart of Digital ASEAN.Learn More
Making Malaysia the Heart of Digital ASEAN
With a globally recognised, close to 25 years track record of successfully developing ICT and digital technologies, Malaysia continues to innovate and expand its vibrant digital ecosystem. We aim to be the benchmark of a progressive digital nation and embody the Heart of Digital ASEAN.Learn More
Digitally Skilled Malaysians
Provide all Malaysians with access to the capabilities, tools, and know-how to take that digital leap. This includes facilitating new digital skills training and future jobs matching, resulting in a future-ready workforce.Learn More
Digitally Powered Businesses
Enable businesses to go digital, with speed and at scale. This includes supporting business automation, digitalisation, use of data and AI and digital marketing to expand market access.Learn More
Digital Sector Investments
Malaysia’s strategic location, business-friendly policies, versatile and digitally-savvy workforce and high living standards will consider Malaysia as the ideal base for regional expansion.
The opportunities to invest in digital economy enablers, digital creative content and emerging tech are clearly here to be realised.Learn More
Programmes & Initiatives
Programmes & Initiatives
Programmes & Initiatives
Programmes & Initiatives
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE PEOPLE
DRIVING INDUSTRIES OF THE FUTURE
INVEST IN THE HEART OF ASEAN
Energising the Nation’s Digital Economy
Earn extra income from any location you are at with just an internet connection
Pick up the skills and connections to help grow your business in the rapidly expanding and borderless Digital Economy
Explore the flexibility of becoming part of the Global Online Workforce
Tech Talent Development
Develop Malaysia’s tech talent to thrive in Digital Economy through upskilling an reskilling opportunities
Digital Skills Training Directory
A catalogue of courses addressing in-demand digital skills that have been reviewed and endorsed by a panel of digital industry experts.
Digital Creative Content
Discover how we enable our digital content creators to soar in the creative and game development industries
We are collaborating with internationally recognised players to establish Malaysia as the industry benchmark for FinTech
Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Learn how the government support SMEs to adopt digitalisation measures for their business operations
Digital Hubs & Startups
Discover how we’re providing startups with the necessary tools to thrive in the Digital Economy
Investment Value Proposition
Discover why Malaysia is a preferred destination for investments
Participate in Malaysia’s fast-growing Digital Economy
Apply For MSC Status
Get a head start in the digital industry by applying for MSC Malaysia status
Already an MSC Status Company?
Simplify your daily operational activities by visiting our one-stop self-service portal for all MSC Malaysia transactions.
Cybercities & Cybercentres
Designated areas with condusive environment & ecosystem to spur rapid growth
MDEC To Accelerate Digitalisation Efforts To Support PEMULIH Recovery Plan
Following the announcement of the Pakej Perlindungan Rakyat dan Pemulihan Ekonomi (PEMULIH) by our Prime Minister, YAB Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, MDEC will accelerate its digitalisation efforts to support the government’s recovery plan through:
1. Increased adoption of AgTech via our eLadang programme which aims to achieve food security and sovereignty, provide job opportunities as well as enhance the livelihood of farmers in Malaysia through digital farming technologies. Read more at https://mdec.my/eladang to find out how you can benefit from this programme.
2. Emphasis on shared economy via our eRezeki initiative, a programme which enables citizens, especially low-income groups, to generate additional income by doing digital assignments via online crowdsourcing platforms. For more information visit: https://mdec.my/erezeki.
3. Go eCommerce and Shop Malaysia Online (SMO) campaigns, with RM300 million being allocated to support local businesses and entrepreneurs to onboard onto eCommerce and ePayment platforms. Under the SMO campaign, the government is giving away incentives such as discounts, rebates and shipping vouchers to the Rakyat to encourage more online purchases from local businesses. Learn more at https://mdec.my/go-ecommerce.
MDEC is fully focussed on accelerating the digital transformation of the nation and strengthening our programmes across the board in benefit of the Rakyat and nation, in line with our goals of Malaysia 5.0, nation deeply integrated with technology, providing equitable digital opportunities to the people and businesses.
For enquiries, kindly call 1-800-88-8338 / +603-83153000 (if you are calling from outside of Malaysia) or email us at [email protected]
Update of MSC malaysia Status Tax Incentive
- We refer to the announcement by the Government of Malaysia on 12 June 2018, “Malaysia’s Commitment in International Tax Standard“, and the subsequent announcement by MDEC on 28 December 2018, titled “Important Update and Changes on MSC Malaysia BOG 5“.
- As stated in the aforesaid announcements, the identified tax incentives of Malaysia will need to be reviewed and amended to be consistent with the international standards, which also include the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantee (BOG) 5 (Tax Exemption).
- In accordance with the above exercise, the grant of MSC Malaysia Status and its incentives, including extension of income tax exemption period, or adding new MSC Malaysia Qualifying Activities, has been put on hold since 1 July 2018.
Changes to BOG 5 (Tax Exemption)
- Previously, the tax exemption for MSC Malaysia Status was granted for the income derived from MSC Malaysia Approved Activities. Moving forward, the tax exemption will be granted for income derived from either services activities (Services Incentive) and/or intellectual property (IP Incentive).
Status Update: Approval of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- The MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive has been approved by the Government and will be regulated under the new Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 10) Order 2018 [P.U.(A) 389/2018], which was gazetted on 31 December 2018.
- As for the MSC Malaysia Status IP Incentive, the policy is still under review process by the Government. MDEC will be releasing further information in due course.
Application of MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive (Non-IP)
- Applications for MSC Malaysia Status Services Incentive can be made starting from 2nd April 2019.
- For more details about the eligibility criteria, and qualifying promoted activities and conditions, please refer to detailed Application Guidelines here.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from here and the completed application is to be forwarded to [email protected].
- For further enquiries, please contact MDEC Client Contact Centre (CliC) at 1-800-88-8338 (within Malaysia) or +603 8315 3000 (overseas) or email at [email protected]
- For frequently asked questions, please refer here.