Malaysia As Your Next Digital Nomad Destination.
What is DE Rantau?
The DE Rantau programme aims at establishing Malaysia as the preferred digital nomad hub in ASEAN while boosting digital adoption and promoting digital professional mobility and tourism across the country.
The DE Rantau programme will benefit both local talents and foreign nomads via the creation of a vibrant ecosystem that supports digital nomads. Digital nomads can travel and work remotely across various locations in Malaysia, while having access to stable broadband connectivity and various other facilities and services that support the nomadic lifestyle.
DE Rantau Key Areas
All Nomads Are Welcome!
Find out how DE Rantau can ease your stay and accommodate your needs and more!
Find out how DE Rantau can elevate your living and remote-working lifestyle so that you can plan your next move ahead.
Join us as our Hub Partners
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DE Rantau aims to establish Malaysia as the preferred Digital Nomad Hub to boost digital adoption and promote digital professional mobility and tourism across Malaysia.
- It is intended to benefit both local talents and foreign nomads via the creation of a vibrant ecosystem that can support digital nomads to be able to regain the balance in working and living.
- The creation of DE Rantau Hubs, which are certified nomad-ready accommodations will also benefit local accommodation providers and owners, helping with the recovery of the tourism sector.
- DE Rantau is one of the Malaysia Digital Catalytic Programmes (PEMANGKIN) under Malaysia Digital (MD), seeking to transform the nation’s digital capabilities and boost the digital economy.
A Digital Nomad performs work remotely on a freelance basis with no attachment to specific company or location, and lives a nomadic lifestyle by travelling from one country to another to gain job opportunity, exposure, contents and experience.
There will be no fees imposed to be a member of DE Rantau. However, fees for nomad pass/ visa application is applicable.
Members of DE Rantau are eligible to get access to benefits provided for digital nomads such as nomad-ready living and working hubs, handpicked local services, discount vouchers, latest information and promotions.
- DE Rantau Nomad Pass is a type of Professional Visit Pass newly designed to allow qualified foreign digital nomads to travel and work in Malaysia for up to 12 months which can be renewed for another 1-year.
- The main pass holder is also allowed to bring in his/her spouse and child/children.
- Application for DE Rantau Nomad Pass is now open! Please go to the Foreign Digital Nomad category above to apply, or visit https://mdec.my/derantau/foreign/
You can find the list on DE Rantau’s website and by using the DE Rantau Platform to locate nearby hubs based on your location. Our DE Rantau Hub partners will also feature the list of DE Rantau hubs on their website.
Upon receiving your application, our appointed DE Rantau Hub partners will assess your premises based on our criteria, and continue to validate and certify the premise as DE Rantau Hub.
- All certified accommodation will be listed on DE Rantau Hubs website and will be benefited from the increased exposure to both local and foreign nomads.
- Accommodation owners are eligible for incentives, campaigns and vouchers provided through DE Rantau programme.
We welcome ecosystem partners providing services in the area of travel, accommodation, tourism, transport, e-commerce, e-payments, and other services focusing on mobility and facilitating the lifestyle of digital nomads.
DE Rantau provides access to full fledged ecosystem which includes accommodating hubs, local services ranging from travel, tourism, transport, e-commerce, e-payments, other services.