Expats Service Centre
14 working days (FKW Projection Stage)
SUBMISSION IN THE SYSTEM
- Click ‘Subscribe’ to complete the online submission form
- Click ‘Login’ for returning applicant
- Prior to submission, it is recommended to take note the followings:
- If you require consultation before applying for FKW Projection, kindly email to [email protected]
REVIEW & ASSESMENT
- A Business Analyst will be assigned to conduct due diligence on applicant’ submission. Business Analyst may request for additional document to support the submission. Assessment criteria can be found in the checklist.
- Only completed submission will be presented to the FKW Projection Approval Committee. Applicant is encouraged to respond to Business Analyst’s request for document promptly.
- Incomplete/dormant submission will be closed in 60 days. In which, applicant may re-apply again.
- Business Analyst will inform the applicant when the submission is ready for presentation to the FKW Projection Approval Committee.
- MDEC reserves the rights to conduct third party verification.
- MDEC will request for additional information if necessary to support the applicant’s FKW projections – i.e., localization plans, allocation project breakdown of all current employees, etc.
- MDEC reserves the rights to check, and the employment pass will be canceled if it is found that the employment pass is used for non-qualifying activity.
FKW PROJECTION APPROVAL COMMITEE
- Completed submission will be presented to the FKW Projection Approval Committee for deliberation and decision (Approve / Reject).
- Result is reflected immediately in the Expats system. Applicant will receive an auto-email notification.
- Applicant may utilize the quota at MDEC Expats Service Centre (FKW Application Stage)
(9 WORKING DAYS)
- SUBMITTAL OF FKW APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
Companies, need to submit their FKW application including the full payment online.
- THE VERIFICATION PROCESS
MDEC will verify the applicant(s) details with the completed documents
- A DECISION IS MADE BY MDEC & IMMIGRATION
MDEC & Immigration either approves or rejects the application
- AN APPROVAL/REJECTION LETTER IS ISSUED
MDEC will then issue an approval letter/rejection letter via the Expats system
(3 WORKING DAYS)
Once obtained approval:
• For Employment Pass category I and II (EPI & II) and applicants) currently is/are abroad
• Companies MUST submit online endorsement and make payment (Immigration fees) at least five (5) working days PRIOR to the applicant’s entry to Malaysia. This requirement applies to all NEW applications.
• For Employment Pass category III (EPIII) and applicant(s) currently is/are abroad
• Companies MUST submit online endorsement and make payment ONCE the applicant has entered Malavsia.
• For Employment Pass category I, Il and III (EPI, EPIl and EPIII) and applicant(s) currently is/are in
• Companies MUST submit online endorsement and make payment IMMEDIATELY.
PASS STICKER COLLECTION
• Employment pass category I and Il and applicant (s) currently is/are abroad
• Upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA]), the Immigration Department will issue a pass sticker at the ESD Satellite Centre (ESC), KLIAl and its will be affixed immediately.
Applicants) to bring the required documents such as approval and confirmation letters for pass sticker issuance
• Employment Pass :
– Category III and applicants) currently is/are abroad.
– Category I, Il and III and applicants) currently is/are in Malaysia
• The Immigration Department at the Expats Service Centre will issue a pass sticker and it MUST be affixed to the original passport within five (5) working days after receiving the notification from Expats system.
Companies MUST ensure pass sticker to be collected/delivered while applicant is in Malaysia and affix in the passport before any travelling arrangement is made.