Calling all space enthusiasts! As part of U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur’s “Beyond the Moon” campaign celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Moon landing, the U.S. Embassy, in partnership with MDEC and #mydigitalmaker Association is looking for Malaysian student leaders to attend the Advanced Space Academy in Huntsville, Alabama. The program will take place in summer 2020 and will highlight U.S. leadership in discovery and space exploration.
Two students from Malaysia will be selected to join participants from 5 other countries to visit Washington D.C. and attend the Advanced Space Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Space Camp will take place from July 22 to August 2, 2020.
This exchange program is funded by the U.S. Mission to International Organizations in Vienna (UNVIE) with congressional appropriations to the U.S. Department of State that support international educational and cultural exchange programs.
- Applicants must be between 15 to 18 years old at the time of the program.
- Residing and studying in Malaysia with Malaysian citizenship (U.S. dual citizenship will not be considered).
- Has not started college or university at the time of the program.
- Fluent in English.
- Should intend to pursue a science-oriented career;
- Demonstrate academic proficiency;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and interest in one’s community through involvement in both school and community activities;
- Demonstrate curiosity and an eagerness to explore; and motivation to share their experiences upon returning to Malaysia.
Priority will be given to:
- Candidates who have never traveled to the United States, and with little or no international travel experience.
- Applicants must complete an online form, write an essay and submit a two-minute video.
- Students who meet the requirements and are interested in applying for this program must complete and submit the application form by December 8,2019, 11.59pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by January 2020.
APPLICATION FORM > http://bit.ly/2020SpaceCamp
UPDATES & ENQUIRIES
Follow MYdigitalmaker and U.S. Embassy KL on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram for updates.
General application enquiries: [email protected]
Media enquiries: [email protected]