JOINING THE CLUB
MSC Malaysia Application Process
For those looking to apply for the MSC Malaysia status, here are the steps that you will need to go through
- Your application will be reviewed for a preliminary check.
- An acknowledgment receipt will be sent to your registered email upon successful preliminary check. The receipt date is referred to as the date of MSC application.
- A Business Analyst (BA) will be auto assigned to verify your application.
- This step takes 7 working days.
- The assigned BA will evaluate your application.
- Company to present proposed activities to BA.
- Company to make online, non-refundable fee of RM2,120 (inclusive of SST)
- Your application will be presented in the Deliberation meeting with relevant stakeholders.
- A notification email will be sent to your registered email upon successful evaluation.
- This step takes 25 working days upon completion of submission.
- Your application will be presented to the National Committee for Investment.
APPLY FOR MSC MALAYSIA STATUS TODAY
Start applying now and kickstart your business journey towards becoming an MSC Malaysia Status Company.Apply MSC Status
MSC MALAYSIA STATUS
Use this tool to check if your company meets the MSC Malaysia Status eligibility criteria before you apply.
Minimum KPI requirements
|Tier 1 & 2||Tier 3|
|To be complied within Year 1 and Year 2 of the exemption period:|
|1) Full time employees (comprising Knowledge Workers) with monthly base salary||2 full time employees with base salary of RM5,000|
|2) Annual operating expenditure||RM50,000|
|To be complied with from Year 3 onwards until expiry of exemption period|
|3) Full time employees (comprising Knowledge Workers) with monthly base salary||(i) 50 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000; OR
(ii) 30 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM10,000
|(i) 30 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000; OR
(ii) 20 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM8,000
|Data Centre: 5 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000|
|4) Annual operating expenditure and investment in fixed asset||RM3.5million||RM1million|
|Data Centre: RM10million|
|5) Percentage of Malaysian Knowledge Workers
(for the full time employees in (3) above)
MSC MALAYSIA DIRECTORY
Explore our database of approximately 3,000 companies registered under MSC Malaysia in this comprehensive directory
JOINING THE CLUB
MSC Malaysia Promoted Activities
Companies that are looking to apply for MSC Malaysia status must be a provisioner of services that are related to any of the following:
- Big Data Analytics (BDA)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Financial Technology (FinTech)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Centre and Cloud (technology / software / design and support)
- Creative Media Technology
- Sharing Economy Platform
- User Interface and User Experience (UI / UX)
- Integrated Circuit (IC) Design and Embedded Software
- 3D Printing (technology / software / design and support)
- Robotics (technology / software / design)
- Autonomous (technology / software / design and support)
- Systems / Network Architecture Design and Support
- Cybersecurity (technology / software / design and support)
- Global Business Services or Knowledge Process Outsourcing (excludes non-technical and / or low value call centre, data entry, and recruitment process oursourcing)