SEA Game Jam is a 48-hour game jam organized held in conjunction with LEVEL UP KL 2021, whereby game developers from South East Asia region will be working together to create games in a competitive environment following a theme. The best game will win a gift card totalling $500 announced during LEVEL UP KL.
The SEA Game Jam is open to all individual game developers from the South East Asia region. All participation is under individual capacity without any representation of any legal entity related to the participant such as companies, institutions, organizations etc.
1st July - 31st August 2021 (GMT+8)
31st August 2021 (GMT+8)
1st September 2021 (GMT+8)
17th September 2021 (GMT+8)
17th - 19th September 2021 (GMT+8)
19th September 2021 (GMT+8)
During LEVEL UP KL 2021 (GMT+8)
RULES & REGULATIONS
- You can join the jam either as a solo game developer or a pre-formed team
- Maximum of 5 members per team
- There are no participation fees
- All works and assets must be original
- All games must be developed during the jam
- Games can be on any platform
- The final game and short 1-2 minute gameplay footage are to be uploaded to Google Drive with a link forwarded to the organizers
As between the organizer and the Participant, the Participant has and retains all intellectual and proprietary rights in and to the entry that Participant had at time of submission of the entry and Participant’s agreement and acceptance SEA Game Jam Terms and Conditions. Without limiting the Terms and Conditions of the SEA Game Jam, as a condition of entry, Participant grants the organizer a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and create a derivative work from, any entry in whole or in part that Participant submits to this SEA Game Jam for the purposes of marketing and promotion of the event and to allow the organizer to test and evaluate the entry for judging evaluation and prize award verification.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Game Jam in its sole and absolute discretion if the Game Jam becomes technically corrupted or is not capable of being run as planned, including infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Game Jam. In such an event, the organizer will post notice at the official website and will implement an alternate means for awarding all prizes.
RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION
By entering the Game Jam, each participant releases and holds harmless organizer, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or relating to:
- any personal injury, death, property (including computer) damage, or other loss or claim of any kind arising from or in connection with any violation of these Official Rules; the Game Jam; the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize; or any travel required by the Game Jam;
- any entry or other materials that have been tampered with, that are misdirected, incomplete, incorrect, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible, or, with respect to mail-in entries or materials, that are sent postage due; and
- computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, hardware, software, or other technical malfunctions or failures; garbled or jumbled transmissions; Internet or website inaccessibility or delays; printing or typographical errors in any Game Jam materials; or any other technical or human errors occurring in connection with the Game Jam.