Dear Valued Clients,
Greetings from eXpats Service Centre!
In line with the announcement made by Expatriate Service Division (ESD) of the Immigration Department on 1st October 2021, https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/latest-news/announcement/, please be informed that effective from 1st December 2021 the endorsement process will be as follows:
1) Company to initiate online endorsement process and MUST upload documents for endorsement purpose. Please refer to the checklist in eXpats website – www.expats.com.my
2) Pass sticker will be delivered to company by MDEC’s representative or;
3) Company may bring original passport to eXpats Service Centre to be affixed with the pass sticker.
With the implementation of the new endorsement process, company MUST observes the followings
1) For application that the Foreign Knowledge Worker is outside Malaysia(FKW), company may initiate online endorsement once FKW has entered Malaysia and entry stamp has been uploaded.
2) Pass sticker will be delivered to the registered address only or company may bring the original passport within 5 working days after receiving the notification that the sticker is ready to be affixed on the passport.
3) Delivery service is only applicable for companies that meet the criteria set by MDEC.
4) Company is required to make an online appointment via appt.expats.com.my for collection of pass sticker at the eXpats Service Centre counter,
5) Company MUST ensure that the passport is in a good condition to affix the sticker.
Please note that with this new process, MDEC will no longer keep the passport from 1st December 2021 for submission of endorsement.
However, for online endorsement application submitted before 1st December 2021, company may proceed to submit the original passport following the current process until 15th December 2021 (Wednesday).
Should you require more information and assistance, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
eXpats Service Centre
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation