Development Fund focuses on the development stage of the Project, the stage where it involves idea generation, production design, market research, and marketing analysis. The development stage is defined as a planning phase of the Project. This includes development of the idea into a working script, research, and development (R&D) of the concept, business plans, and preparation of documents which are investor-friendly. Applicants with new project/IP/idea within the Eligible Project Categories are encouraged to apply for funding under the Development Fund.
- The applicant is a company incorporated in Malaysia.
- More than fifty percent (50%) of the legal and beneficial ownership of the applicant is vested in Malaysian(s).
- The applicant is not the subject of a winding-up order.
- Where the applicant has received funding from MDEC and/or any other ministries or agencies under the Government of Malaysia of any amount exceeding RM150,000.00 (in a single case):
- all such fund has been fully utilised; and
- all projects thereunder have been completed i.e. all milestones have been delivered to the satisfaction of the provider of such funding as duly acknowledged and certified by the provider of such funding.
- The applicant fulfills at least one (1) of the following:
- the applicant has a minimum of two (2) years track record in the development of creative works whether as an outsourced service provider or in the creation of original works; or
- where the applicant has been in operation for less than two (2) years, the Applicant must have a minimum of two (2) staff [whereby at least one (1) of the staff has at least three (3) years track record of delivering projects (whether as an outsourced service provider or in the creation of original works)] in its employment.
SCOPE OF PROJECTS
|#||PROJECT TYPE||PROJECT FORMAT/ AMOUNT OF FUNDING||ALLOWABLE PROJECT DELIVERABLES|
|1||Animation||• Series/up to RM300K |
• Feature Film/up to RM500K
|1. R&D report (character, environment, story concept).|
3. Character and environment design.
4. Animation test or visual test clips; and/or
5. Production pitching materials.
|2||Digital Game||• Mobile/up to RM300K|
• PC/up to RM300K
• Console/up to RM300K
|1. R&D report on game play.|
2. Game concept design.
3. Game prototype test; and/or
4. Production pitching materials.