The Co-Production Fund is designed to provide financial assistance to a project within the Eligible Project Categories to be co-produced by a Malaysian company and one or more foreign company(ies). Each co-production is made in accordance with an agreement entered into between the aforesaid parties, whereby all relevant rights, responsibilities, specific requirements and Project milestones are clearly set out.
- The applicant is a company incorporated in Malaysia.
- The applicant has an issued and paid up share capital of at least RM50,000.00.
- More than Fifty Per Cent (50%) of the legal and beneficial ownership of the applicant is vested in Malaysian(s).
- The applicant is not the subject of a winding up order.
- The applicant has entered into a written contract OR a committed arrangement with a foreign co-production partner(s) ("Foreign Co-production Partner(s)") for the co-production of the Project;
- The applicant has received a written confirmation from:
- the Foreign Co-Production Partner(s) demonstrating its financial ability to complete its portion of the Project; and
- at least One (1) broadcaster or distributor on presales/distribution intent (for Animated Series only)
- Where the applicant has received funding from MDEC and/or any other ministries or agencies under the Government of Malaysia of any amount exceeding RM250,000.00 (in a single case):
- all such fund have been fully utilised; and
- all projects thereunder have been completed i.e. all milestones have been delivered to the satisfaction of the provider of such funding as duly acknowledged and certified by the provider of such funding.
- The applicant fulfils at least One (1) of the following:
- the applicant has a minimum of Two (2) years track record in the development of creative works whether as an outsourced service provider or in creation of original works; or
- where the applicant has been in operation for less than Two (2) years, the applicant must have a minimum of Five (5) fulltime staff whereby at least Fifty Per Cent (50%) are production staff with at least Two (2) years of track record of delivering projects whether as an outsourced service provider or in the creation of original works.
Scope of Projects
|No.||Project Type||Project Format||Allowable Project Deliverables|
||The complete Animated Series or Animated Feature Film.|
|2||Digital Game||NA||The complete and playable game.|
Application for 2nd batch will be opened from 17th June 2019 - 10th July 2019