JOINING THE CLUB
MSC Malaysia Application Process
For those looking to apply for the MSC Malaysia status, here are the steps that you will need to go through
- Your application will be reviewed for a preliminary check.
- An acknowledgment receipt will be sent to your registered email upon successful preliminary check. The receipt date is referred to as the date of MSC application.
- A Business Analyst (BA) will be auto assigned to verify your application.
- This step takes 7 working days.
- The assigned BA will evaluate your application.
- Company to present proposed activities to BA.
- Company to make online, non-refundable fee of RM2,120 (inclusive of SST)
- Your application will be presented in the Deliberation meeting with relevant stakeholders.
- A notification email will be sent to your registered email upon successful evaluation.
- This step takes 25 working days upon completion of submission.
- Your application will be presented to the National Committee for Investment.
APPLY FOR MSC MALAYSIA STATUS TODAY
Start applying now and kickstart your business journey towards becoming an MSC Malaysia Status Company.Apply MSC Status
MSC MALAYSIA STATUS
Use this tool to check if your company meets the MSC Malaysia Status eligibility criteria before you apply.
Minimum KPI requirements
|Tier 1 & 2||Tier 3|
|To be complied within Year 1 and Year 2 of the exemption period:|
|1) Full time employees (comprising Knowledge Workers) with monthly base salary||2 full time employees with base salary of RM5,000|
|2) Annual operating expenditure||RM50,000|
|To be complied with from Year 3 onwards until expiry of exemption period|
|3) Full time employees (comprising Knowledge Workers) with monthly base salary||(i) 50 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000; OR
(ii) 30 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM10,000
|(i) 30 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000; OR
(ii) 20 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM8,000
|Data Centre: 5 full time employees with monthly base salary of RM5,000|
|4) Annual operating expenditure and investment in fixed asset||RM3.5million||RM1million|
|Data Centre: RM10million|
|5) Percentage of Malaysian Knowledge Workers
(for the full time employees in (3) above)
WELCOME TO THE MSC MALAYSIA CLUB
Congratulations on your achievement in joining more than 2,000 active status MSC Malaysia companies.
Discover what you need to know and what can you do as an MSC Malaysia status company.
|TITLE||URL||Tax Incentive Renewal under the Promotion of Investments Act 1986 (Old Regime)|
|a) Process flow
|b) Application Form
|c) Compliance Self Declaration Form (SDF)
|Change of Equity Form
If your company changes its paid up capital, equity and/or shareholding structure, then complete, sign and submit the Change of Equity (COE) form within 1 month from the change.
|Change of Company Name Form
If your company changes its company name, then submit the change online via the VEGA system. If you do not have access to the VEGA system, please complete, sign and submit the Change of Name (CON) form. Kindly inform MDEC within 1 month from the change.
|Change of Product/Service Name Form
If your company changes the name of the product or services stated under the MSC Malaysia qualifying / approved activities in the MSC Malaysia Status Approval Letter, please submit the change online via the VEGA system. If you do not have access to the VEGA system, please complete, sign and submit the Change of Product/Service Name form. Kindly inform MDEC within 1 month from the change.
|Change of Tier Form
If your company wishes to apply for a change in Tier of MSC Malaysia Status, the company is required to complete, sign and submit the Change of Tier (COT) form. Please refer to FAQ for post MSC Matters on the terms and conditions of COT.
|FAQ on post MSC Matters||Click Here|
|Guidelines On Electronic Signature
These Guidelines set out the minimum requirements to be complied with, if electronic signature (“E-Signature”) is used for the submission of documents relating to MSC Malaysia Status to MDEC.
Self-service portal for MSC Malaysia status companies
One-stop self-service portal for all MSC Malaysia transactionsLogin to VEGA
Duty Free Importation
(e-DFI) of Multimedia Equipment
The e-DFI system is an online application service for duty free importation of multimedia equipment.Login to e-DFI
MSC MALAYSIA DIRECTORY
Explore our database of approximately 3,000 companies registered under MSC Malaysia in this comprehensive directory
JOINING THE CLUB
MSC Malaysia Promoted Activities
Companies that are looking to apply for MSC Malaysia status must be a provisioner of services that are related to any of the following:
- Big Data Analytics (BDA)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Financial Technology (FinTech)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Centre and Cloud (technology / software / design and support)
- Creative Media Technology
- Sharing Economy Platform
- User Interface and User Experience (UI / UX)
- Integrated Circuit (IC) Design and Embedded Software
- 3D Printing (technology / software / design and support)
- Robotics (technology / software / design)
- Autonomous (technology / software / design and support)
- Systems / Network Architecture Design and Support
- Cybersecurity (technology / software / design and support)
- Global Business Services or Knowledge Process Outsourcing (excludes non-technical and / or low value call centre, data entry, and recruitment process oursourcing)